Happy Sunday, my quilty friends! It’s been a busy but fun week here! Well, except for that whole Hurricane Delta thing! Fortunately for us, it was remnants of what had become Tropical Storm Delta by the time it reached us. I really feel for our neighbors in Louisiana as this is the second hurricane to hit them recently. Hurricane Sally made landfall on our Gulf Coast a few weeks ago and they were bracing for another hit but Delta changed course to our west. All we received was a LOT of rain and some gusty winds yesterday. We will have a little more rain today, but it should not be as drenching as yesterday.
We did have a fun Friday night since the grands spent the night with us. Those kiddos love to get up early!! Me, not so much anymore, though I used to be a morning person!! LOL Since the hubs works evenings, we have gotten in the habit of sleeping in until around 7 most mornings. But, getting up with the kids is always a joy for us! And despite the rain, we had made plans to take our son-in-love to lunch yesterday for his birthday since we couldn’t do it last weekend! So, we had an earlier than usual breakfast and loaded them up around 11 and met their mom and dad for lunch! Poor Chloe goes into a depression when they leave. They wear her out totally, but, as you can see in these pics, she loves it when they visit!
I hope you’ve all had a good week! Now, let’s move on to the weekly review!
- Complete piecing blocks for Halloween Hoppin’ project. ✓ done
- Cut out and stitch down appliques. ✓ done
- Put together the flimsy. ✓ done
- Get said flimsy on Ms. Mattie and begin the quilting. ✘ not yet – gotta get or dig some backing fabric from my stash!
I can’t show you pics of these just yet!! Stay tuned – coming soon!
- Purchase what will be needed for my project for Carol’s From the Heart Blog Hop. ✓ done
Love this fabric!! It’s ordered and hopefully will arrive quickly!
- Complete digitizing and stitch an angel to send to a friend’s daughter, fighting cancer. ✓ done
- Start a project my friend Carole posted in the Autumn Jubilee at From My Carolina Home. ✘ not yet – hopefully can start tonight while the man’s working!
- Make some yummy Taco Soup! ✓ done If you’d like the recipe leave a comment and I’ll post it next week
So what’s on the menu for this week?
- Find fabric for backing and get that flimsy quilted!
- Finish writing pattern for my Halloween Hoppin’ project!
- Play with card making supplies to make a card and get Stephanie’s Angel in the mail.
- Work on Autumn Jubilee project.
- Work on project for the From the Heart Blog Hop, if fabric arrives.
- On the actual menu(!), cook pork loin in my slow cooker using my new favorite recipe. I’ll share said recipe with you next week!!
That should keep me out of trouble (maybe!) this week! I do have a doctor’s appointment on Wednesday, but no school tomorrow, so I won’t be stopping in the middle of the day to sit in carline! Hopefully the time will all balance out! I’ll be linking up my to-do list with my friends at Home Sewn by Us on Tuesday To-Do!! Until next time…
Until next time … Stay Safe and Be Blessed!
DISCLAIMER: I use affiliate links. By clicking through these links, at no additional cost to you, I receive a small commission which helps support my website/blog. I truly appreciate your support!
All tutorials, images, and information on this website are the property of Brenda @ Songbird Designs. Feel free to re-blog, pin, or share, with attribution to Songbird Designs. For all other purposes, please contact me via the website contact form. Thanks!