First of all, I just want to say that my thoughts and prayers are with all of those being affected by Laura…and those in her path over the next few days. I also wanted to let you all know that my dear friend, Karen Overton aka The Quilt Rambler lives in Texas and makes her living as a national teacher and even hosts “Landlocked Quilt Cruises” at her home studio! Since Covid struck and now hurricane season, her days on the road and sales of her patterns and tools she carries has been severely hampered. Karen is also a certified Studio 180 instructor and is a former Island Batik Ambassador. She is just an all around sweet, sweet and talented lady! You can check out her website by clicking the link above and also check out her downloadable patterns on Payhip here. She designs some gorgeous quilts and especially loves designing quilts using Studio 180 tools! Please check her out when you have a minute or several!!
So now on to my list from last week!! I did not feel it was a very productive week, what with getting used to helping my grandkids with school, BUT I did get some things accomplished! LOL Let’s take a gander!!
- Get all applique pieces for the Garden Party Row Along prepped and ready to fuse. done ✓
I got them all fused yeah!!
- Maybe get the appliques on the block and a flimsy ready to quilt?? partially done ✓
I got all stitched down except for one which I will work on today!
- Decide what project to make for the Hello Fall Blog Hop. done ✓
I decided and am trying a new to me technique. Stay tuned…
- Dig through stash to see what fabrics I can use for Hello Fall Blog Hop. done ✓
Well, I dug through and didn’t find anything to fit my project! Oh darn, a trip to my LQS!! Maybe I’ll do that after I drop D-man off at the Y for swim practice today since I will be pretty close!!
Wow, looking back, I got more accomplished than I thought I did! That’s a great thing!! So I’m doing a happy dance!!!
For the rest of this week and into the next…
- Finish stitching down the appliques for the Garden Party Rowalong.
- Go to the fabric store (oh darn) and select fabrics for the Hello Fall Blog Hop. Can’t wait to start this one!!
- Maybe, just maybe, cut out appliques for Sunshine Cove block??
- Maybe ?? quilt Garden Friends! Here’s a sneak peak of Garden Friends.
Today I’ll be sharing with my friends at Home Sewn by Us for To-Do Tuesday (again, a little late! LOL) Oh well, better late than never! Until next time…